Whole30 beef stew made with beef, carrots, potatoes is bursting with flavor! Paleo and gluten free, this healthy crockpot beef stew is delicious for Sunday dinner or any night of the week.
Whole30 Beef Stew
Beef stew is a no-brainer when it comes to easy weeknight meals! Family friendly slow cooker recipe, check!
Reading: Beef stew healthy crock pot
This crockpot beef stew goes a step beyond that – it’s Whole30 approved and you can toss it together in less than 10 minutes. Healthy comfort food is one of my favorite meals during the cold months, like this January!
What is better than coming home to a cozy bowl of beef stew on a cold day? There is nothing better than a hearty bowl to fill you up!
Read more: The top 20 best meat for stew in slow cooker
This recipe is so easy to meal prep, you will definitely be adding it to your monthly meal plan! It can be made in the slow cooker, or in a Dutch oven on the stovetop.
Ingredients You Need to Make This Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe
Here are the ingredients you need to make it:
- Grass Fed organic beef stew meat – I recommend Whole Foods or ButcherBox for this.
- Mini red potatoes
- Beef bone broth
- Diced tomatoes
- Mushrooms – Optional but a delicious addition if your family likes them.
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Bay Leaf
- Salt + Pepper
How to Make this Paleo Beef Stew
Here are the steps to make it:
- Heat oil in a pan. Then, brown stew meat on all sides until brown but not cooked. Add meat to the bottom of the crock pot
- Add beef to the crock pot. Drizzle with dijon mustard and horseradish and stir to coat.
- Add in all veggies and garlic and season with salt + pepper.
- Stir in beef bone broth and bay leaf. Next, cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Mix arrowroot with water. Add in mixture to thicken. Salt & pepper to taste.
Helpful Tips for Making Beef Stew in the Crockpot
Pick the right kind of meat: When you head to the store, look for beef stew meat. This is usually cut into small cubes and marked accordingly. If you cannot find it (or the meat seems to be cut inconsistently, look for chuck roast and cut it yourself.
Read more: Braising Meat So It&039s Meltingly Tender
Don’t skip the sear: The sear helps to keep the meat tender and seals in the juices during the slow cook.
Beef Stew Storage Tips: Store cooked beef stew in the fridge for up to four days and reheat as needed. To freezer, add cooled stew to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Stovetop Beef Stew with a Dutch Oven: This recipe can be made on the stovetop with a dutch oven. Follow the process through adding the bay leaf and then allow the stew to simmer on low for six hours.
How to thicken beef stew: Add 1 tablespoon of arrowroot to 1 tablespoon of water and add once stew is done cooking. Stew will thicken over time.
Other Whole30 Crockpot Recipes + Dinners You’ll Love!
- Whole30 Pot Roast
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Whole30 Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- Whole30 Mediterranean Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Want more simple + delicious eats? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Read more: List of 20 beat meat for beef stew
Whole30 Beef Stew Recipe
For more information please see the list of Beef stew healthy crock pot