Yakisoba: 焼きそば [jakiꜜsoba]), is a classic Japanese street food that is cooked on a large iron grill. Yakisoba consists of the word Yaki, meaning grilled or fried, and Soba, meaning noodles. Most commonly you will see ramen noodle used in preparation of Yakisoba.
Yakisoba Sauce is very easy to prepare. It’s just a combination of sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. All of the ingredients can be purchased in most grocery store.
Tips for Delicious Yakisoba
- Prepare all ingredients ahead of time to cut the waiting time in between.
- It’s best to prepare Yakisoba in a Wok pan, it gives the food enough space for cooking. If you don’t have a Wok, you may use any other large pan.
- Slice beef into thin strips to give the dish most balanced flavor.
- Watch for cooking times, otherwise the sauce can dry out and Yakisoba can come out on a dry side.
Where to buy Yakisoba
Yakisoba (ramen) noodles can be purchased in most grocery stores. They’re often sold in the Asian food section or in the refrigerated section.
Other Noodle Recipes to Try:
- Simple Yakisoba Noodles Recipe
- Korean Stir-Fried Sweet Potato Noodles Recipe
- The Best Beef Stir Fry Recipe