This creamy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is made with cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, whipped topping, and a graham cracker crust.
Peanut butter fans delight! This dreamy peanut butter pie recipe is super simple with just 6 ingredients. Whip it up in just 20 minutes and then freeze until firm.
Reading: yummy things to make for dessert
Perfect for any occasion and can be topped with graham cracker crumbs, Oreo pieces, or chocolate chips. I also love to drizzle some chocolate and caramel sauce on top. Tastes delicious and makes for a gorgeous presentation.
Peanut Butter. I personally recommend using Jif or Skippy for the best texture. Avoid natural peanut butter where the oil separates.
Cream Cheese. This helps the pie hold its shape. But don’t worry! You really can’t taste it. Every bite is filled with creamy, peanut butter goodness.
Read more: how do you make a premade dessert rice cake
Whipped Topping. The whipped cream is what gives this pie a light and fluffy texture. You can also use homemade whipped cream if you don’t like Cool Whip.
Powdered Sugar. Also known as confectioners’ sugar. This is the “secret” ingredient that makes this pie so rich and decadent.
Milk. You can also use skim milk to cut down on calories.
Graham Cracker Crust. For the sake of convenience, I almost always use a pre-prepared crust. It’s one of the things that makes this recipe so simple. You can use a pre-made Oreo, Chocolate or Shortbread pie crust.
What on earth did we do before all of these modern-day conveniences?
If you’re looking for a healthier version, you can use Splenda instead of granulated sugar. Use a low-sugar graham cracker crust, low-sugar peanut butter, and sugar-free chocolate sauce.
Read more: how to make gelatin dessert with pork skin
Your friends will never know the difference!
You can also use reduced fat peanut butter, light Cool Whip, low-fat cream cheese and skim milk. This recipe can be easily adjusted to your dietary needs.
Tips For the Perfect Peanut Butter Pie
- Give your peanut butter pie a brand new twist by making your own Nutter Butter crust. To make, crush 24 pieces of Nutter Butter cookies and mix with butter. This is one of my favorite flavor variations 🙂
- Here’s another interesting crust worth trying: vanilla wafer! To make, combine crushed vanilla wafers and butter. Simple yet flavorful.
- Use Splenda instead of granulated sugar, low-sugar Graham crust, low-sugar peanut butter, and drizzle the pie with sugar-free chocolate sauce. Voila – a Diabetic-friendly pie!
- Sprinkle the pie with chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for a nice, sweet and salty flavor.
- If you want an even more peanut buttery flavor – pour some Reese’s Shell over the crust. Freeze if for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
- Transform it into a “Dirt Pie” by using a pre-made Oreo crust and topping it with Oreo cookie crumbs.
- To remove any lumps from your filling, use an electric mixer to mix the ingredients. This ensures a smooth, creamy filling that melts in your mouth.
- Softened cream cheese is easier to combine with sugar. Take your cream cheese out of the fridge at least 20 to 30 minutes before making this recipe.
- You can make your own whipped topping by combining heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Quick Tip: Place the bowl and beaters in the freezer before you use them so they’re extra cold. This produces some of the best freshly whipped cream.
- Make a chocolate-flavored whipped cream topping by combining Cool Whip and melted chocolate.
- This pie pairs perfectly with a warm cup of coffee. If you’re going to indulge, let’s do it right 🙂
- You can make this pie in advance and freeze before serving. Cover in plastic wrap before freezing. When ready to serve, thaw it in the fridge overnight.
How Long is Peanut Butter Pie Good For?
This no bake pie will easily last up to three days in the refrigerator. You can serve the pie frozen or refrigerated, depending on which texture like best.
Can Peanut Butter Pie Be Frozen?
Yes. This pie can be frozen up to 3 months. In fact, I love eating it straight out of the freezer. But you can also let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Peanut Butter Pie Toppings
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cups
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Chocolate Curls
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Melted Peanut Butter
- Fudge Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
Any other favorite toppings? Add them in the comments below!
Looking For More No-Bake Recipes?
No-Bake CookiesNo-Bake Oreo CheesecakePhiladelphia No-Bake CheesecakeMason Jar Desserts